Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Miscellany

Fart! One of my earlier posts was deleted before it got published! Grrrr.

It went something like this:

Reason #14 Why I Love Urology: Being able to use sutures thinner than an eyelash to tie together epithelium that's the thickness of saran wrap with the strength of tissue paper.

Reason #62 Why I Love Urology: Lectures entitled "Deviant Genitilia: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know!"

* * *



I also gave a brief synopsis of "Red Doors", which I saw on the advice of a friend. It ended up being a kind of "Joy Luck Club Lite." Entertaining and cute enough, but it didn't seem to penetrate that extra layer that I hoped it would, relying instead on many of the old sterotypes of Asian American Culture.

And I remarked on how "The Devil Wears Prada" showed me the uncanny resemblance between being a personal assistant and a medical intern. Aside from being required to scurry around at other peoples' whim and silently bear vicious acrimony, there's a whole lot mind-reading implicit in both job descriptions.

No comments: